Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
Still it makes for a nice look I think....be nice if the walls didn't get overshadowed....hmm, I guess I could unselect that portion and make sure the glow doesn't bleed over.

Oh well, here it is with torches for now.
No, you just mask that back off. Go to the original layer mask for the shape generated by the script and Mask to Selection from the layer tab(right click). Then invert the selection. Now click back on the layer mask for the lights and fill with black. Since the selection is slightly smaller than what the layer mask is, it should effectivly get rid of (assuming I wrote that correctly!!!) the lights which are on a higher layer from bleeding into the wall..

Of course.... the easier solution is to fully utilize the GIMP's layers and put the layer with the torchlight under the walls layer, but ABOVE the floor layer. Technically, since i use the script quite a bit, you should be placing your lights layer right below the floor texture layer(the one set to rendered clouds and overlay mode) so that the light does not vary. Doing by layers will help in that if you go back and adjust later (see below comment), you will not have to redo any additional work.

Personally, I would increase the range of the lights glow by making the selection larger on the layer mask and blurring more(again, reducing the opacity to around 50ish on the layer OR perhaps playing with various layer modes such as overlay, multiply, etc. ) I would at least get the range out around 15 feet or more and then blur it a ton (50 px might be good or perhaps more or less)... Another option might be to duplicate the layer with a DIFFERENT layer mask size and blur size and perhaps messing with alternate blending modes on the secondary layer as well.