Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Zion Canyon Commission map

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

You could always just crop out some small enough section - generally anything 4000 x 4000 or smaller, in terms of pixels, and anything under 4.7 megs as a jpg.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

ok, cool. will look for some pieces that might look good.
    my maps are all pretty big, but i will start posting snippets.

Wip Zion Canyon Narrows map

Next map in this commission set is called the Narrows, which is the narrow (30' wide) canyon at the very top end of Zion Canyon (so this map is turned 90 degrees clockwise from north.)

Still more line work to do, I need to add plants and more rocky terrain. The heavy emphasis on the bevels is to try and depict steep cliffsides. There is a walking trail on the lower face of the cliffside to the top of map. There are "switchbacks" where the trail descends one way, then turns and descends the other way, for a dangerous half climb, half walk down towards the river bottom.

Part way down the switchback trail there's 3 rocks and a "shelf" with no exit down just beneath it. There will be a gun fight here between the PC party and three bandit/rustlers - its the first gun fight in this adventure, so this is an important encounter map for this "Buckshot" as Dog House Rules calls their Sidewinder adventures.

Lots more to do. I think of the seven maps needed for the adventure, this is the hardest one to do (for me at least). I have a slot canyon, ledge path to a hidden canyon, and cave map to do - which should all be easy enough, though the latter two have quite a bit of campsite detail necessary.

I should finish this tomorrow. Then I'll hit the slot canyon map next.

WIP so far... enjoy!

GP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	narrows.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	596.5 KB 
ID:	20278  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Rythal's Avatar

the stream between Grafton and Rockville doesn't quit get to the main river, you might wanna fix that. otherwise, looks great!

hehe.

You type "Canyon Narrows" and my brain starts in with Canyonero....

She blinds everybody with her super high beams,
    She's a squirrel crushing, deer smacking, driving machine!

Canyonero!-oh woah, Canyonero! (Yah!)

Post Best vehicle Homer ever had!

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    hehe.

You type "Canyon Narrows" and my brain starts in with Canyonero....
    ROFL - cute!

Here's the wrap on on the Canyon Narrows - Canyonero!

GP

Name:	narrows.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	522.5 KB 
ID:	20291  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Default Canyonero - again

OK, the art director, needed some major tweaks - two defined trails where on the upper one the PCs travel, on the lower one some cattle rustlers await them for a shoot out. So I had to redo the entire thing. Here it is! I've got five more maps to work on, then a personal map for the art director for his own Sidewinder adventure he's running this weekend.

Enjoy!

GP

Name:	canyonero.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	21278  
    DrivethruRPG store

Default Hidden Canyon Hideout Ledge

I haven't posted to this in a while, but here's the next map - almost done . This is Hidden Canyon Hideout. Its a ledge on the lip of a canyon that is at least 150 drop down. Notice the ledge path on the right side of the map, that is the precarious entrance to this cattle rustler's hideout in the labrynthine canyon terrain surrounding Zion Canyon. (This is a ficticious location, the follows the terrain). On the far left side of the map is a cave, used as sleeping quarters the gang's leaders and their kidnapped victim.

I say almost finished, because I have to place lean-to's, campfire's, crates and other specific map objects to follow the adventure's description. However, I thought at this stage it might work for a good encounter map for any kind of RPG game. Note the final map will be All Rights Reserved, but at this stage it could probably be used CC licensed - use it, but don't share it, as its intended for publication.

Enjoy!

GP

Name:	canyon-ledge.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	539.0 KB 
ID:	21802  
    DrivethruRPG store

Looking awesome, as usual

I love the look you're getting with this style. They look absolutely incredible zoomed out and painterly zoomed in.
    M

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast