Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Contest Map Entry!

Wip Contest Map Entry!

So, I've entered a contest on another site - a private D&D forums site. This contest has Amazon gift certificates as prizes - 1st ($75), 2nd ($50), 3rd ($25).

Contest is in 4 categories - game setting, fantasy short story, create 3 NPC characters and/or "create a map with 25 locations for fantasy setting..."

I actually might place an entry 3 of the 4 categories - not NPC generation. Though you can only win with a single entry.

The map is of a temple, being used by a priestly lich named Lhessadrak. I plan to place this shrine on a smalll islet within a great swamp, accessed by a bone bridge.

WIP so far...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lhessadrak.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	203.9 KB 
ID:	3212  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Very nice start. I agree about the wall details and the overall shape just screams citadel to me.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Wip First octagonal chamber

OK, I just created the first octagonal chamber. Though I still plan to hand draw the floor tiles, for now, its just a brick tile texture. Note the bloody cherub, at the top of the Fountain of Blood. This is the center octagonal chamber. More to come...

Name:	bloody-fountain.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	110.6 KB 
ID:	3249  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

The dissonance of that image is very interesting. The mixture of hand drawn and what I'm assuming is CG make for a strange blend that somehow works once you look at it for a bit. I think that middle ring may be the hardest part to get past though.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Wip Alteration...

OK, I took away some of the CG, and put in a bit more hand-drawing. I fixed the middle tier of the fountain. I changed the ripple to something more accurate - still CG though. I hand-drew the flooring changed it into a bump map in GIMP, then composited in Xara.

WIP so far...

Name:	fountain.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	192.7 KB 
ID:	3278  
    DrivethruRPG store

That definitely cut down on the dissonance quite a bit. I think the thing that is bothering me the most is the blood smears on the floor. They should follow the bump map of the stones, and if there is that much perhaps there should be a bit more "flow" to the blood.

Was a body dragged from the fountain? There should be blood on the edge of the fountain as well then.

Wip I agree...

I thought about pooling some blood in the gaps between the floor stones. And yes, I should drag some more blood towards the fountain.

This next chamber is called the "Pit Room", and as you see, there's a large and deep pit in the center of this room. Bottomless... I'm not sure. But when the Lich (who is also a vivisectionist) fails in working with a given dead body, he chucks it down the pit...

WIP so far...

Name:	pit.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	343.6 KB 
ID:	3283  
    DrivethruRPG store

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast