Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: One Page Dungeon Contest 2010

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

One more question...

The contest is for 1 page. I read the rules and it says A4 or US Letter.

Does the page need print borders? For example, our current map has 1/4 inch borders on a letter page, but I can't print that on my printer at 1:1 without clipping off the edges.

Is the border space even necessary, or can we go right to the edge?

Thanks,

-Rob A>

There are no hard, technical rules to define "one page".

Here's what I'll do for myself: I'll print it on a single page using my printer and "shrink to fit" – and if I can't read it, I won't nominate it.

I think that in practice that usually means you don't need to worry about border space, print borders, and all that. If you went right to the edge and I printed it using the above procedure, then that'll shrink the submission by about 10-20% – eg. from 8½" to 7½" width. If that makes the submission unreadable, then you have probably crammed to much on a page anyway.

Hope that helps?

Quote Originally Posted by kensanata View Post
    There are no hard, technical rules to define "one page".

Here's what I'll do for myself: I'll print it on a single page using my printer and "shrink to fit" – and if I can't read it, I won't nominate it.

I think that in practice that usually means you don't need to worry about border space, print borders, and all that. If you went right to the edge and I printed it using the above procedure, then that'll shrink the submission by about 10-20% – eg. from 8½" to 7½" width. If that makes the submission unreadable, then you have probably crammed to much on a page anyway.

Hope that helps?
    Yep - thanks! (The engineer in me is a bit anal...)

-Rob A>

FYI: This blog entry has a one page dungeon template for download:

http://oldguyrpg.blogspot.com/2008/1...templates.html
    jaerdaph
    JUST ADD HEROES An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales

Submission deadline coming up in less than twelve hours…

The One Page Dungeon Contest Winners have been announced!

Well not the same as winning, as I didn't in this contest, but I just found out my map was knocked out in the final round of judging, however, apparently one of the winners who received a $15 voucher for some miniatures, don't use miniatures, so he doesn't want his prize. So Kensenata has awarded me the prize instead... hmmm, not the same as a win, but I could use the miniatures!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Free Stuff!!!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Sure, I get this $15 voucher for miniatures, then I go to the site to cash it in, and everything is in British Pounds - I don't know the conversion rate, so no idea what to order to be able to afford it... someone got advice?? Here's a link to the site for this... http://www.otherworld.me.uk/

GP

PS: I do like the demon from the old PH cover 1e, but that's too much, I know...

PPS: so $15 USD is just shy of 10 pounds...
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 05-27-2010 at 06:38 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast