Thread: *** March 2010 Mapping Challenge - The Town of Iwaizumi

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

For those of you concerned not so much with actual gis data but still want as much realism as can be had (me) here are some screenshots that I took. The first is the Google Maps (website is maps.google.com) satellite view and the second is the actual Google Earth (program) view. This view shows many, but not all, of the current buildings of the town but both views have a giant cloud covering up a portion of the shot. The third is the closest you can get with Yahoo Maps. The fourth is the Google Maps street map and the fifth is the Google Maps terrain view. These images are for reference and really should not be used for contest entries because anyone with internet can get the same images. I'm going to make my own terrain based off of these. I had the NASA program once but I don't know where I put it, probably on my old computer, so I don't have a shot from that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iwaizumi 1..jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	22510   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iwaizumi 2..jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	1.80 MB 
ID:	22511   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iwaizumi 3..jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	22512   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iwaizumi 4..jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	22513   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iwaizumi 5..jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	22514  

If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps