Hi everybody!

I'm a long time roleplayer with no artistic talent whatsoever. I found this website by accident while googling for fantasy maps that I could use for my next big campaign. I'm in awe of the talent on display here. It's one of the most impressive community I have seen, because the work on display here rivals and often surpasses what's available commercially. I mean, why can't we find world maps like that for sale? I think there's a lot of skills on display here but also a genuine passion and respect for what maps are and can be. I found myself immersed in some of these imaginary worlds, thinking of all the possibilities. It fueled my imagination. I hope all your talent and work is compensated somehow. Let me thank all of you who are showing these maps, giving tips. Special kudos to those who have produced tutorials. This seems like a very active and warm community.

I have no experience with the softwares mentioned here but am tempted to give it a try with GIMP (I hope it's available for Mac) and try to produce something. It certainly won't match what I have seen here but might be functional. With my limited talent I doubt I will participate much but I at least wanted to tell you all your work is appreciated.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll check out what this GIMP thing is about and then I'll come back to admire your maps, with the enthusiasm of a stranded sailor with a stack of Playboys