Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Zornas

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Looking good so far but the mtns appear to not fit now with everything else being so nice.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Looking good so far but the mtns appear to not fit now with everything else being so nice.
    Yeah - I think they look too big and not detailed enough.

Any suggested styles?

-Rob A>

Just go in with an eraser and turn the chunks into hatching...the resulting lines should fit better. I don't want to say use the Ramah brushes but that style fits the buildings. Put your style to that style and all should be well.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

One more update of the mountains. Any better? (I'm just not great with scribbley fills... I made a tileable fill and then painted it in with a mask)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	working-2010-03-28.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	638.8 KB 
ID:	23306

I guess the next step would be a complete redraw. Might wait till all the labels are on to see if it improved

-Rob A>

I think it looks remarkably good for scribbling a pattern fill. Fits pretty well but maybe a bit of waviness to match the trees, shrug. I dunno.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

looking really good - I like the lowered lake in the south and love your icons
    the early postings in this thread doesn't seem to work, so its only possible to follow the last 2 maps.
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

I agree with tilt: excellent "valley of the mist". I quite like how this is turning out, especially those icons and the Zornas label. Personally, there are a few too many scribbly lines defining the edges of the forest, especially if the mountains and most everything else is so much cleaner. (I also can only see the last two maps, by the way).

- Alizarine
    "If they get too nosy, you know, just shoot them."
    "Shoot them?"
    "Politely!"
    "Sir, I think there's a problem with your brain being missing ... at last, we can all retire to a life of luxury!"

Quote Originally Posted by alizarine View Post
    (I also can only see the last two maps, by the way).

- Alizarine
    I had to purge a bunch of my old images because of file limitation on the old host, so many/most of my old wips are gone

-Rob A>

I'm not bothered by the forest edge, but I would like to see some forests near the mountains and the walley of the mist (unless it makes the mountains too grouded). Very nice already indeed...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast