So not so recently I decided to finally start a massive challenge I had always dreamed of, to create an entire world for a future writing project. Now I was aware that I am not there yet on the writing part, but I am so there on the creative part! Maps have always been key for me in fantasy fiction, well maps in general have always been something I loved drawing since the age of 5-6. So naturally it started off with a map, then it grew and grew and now it is a freaking planet. Maps have been revised over and over the mythology and history (so far) of the world as well. Now with 6 continents 2 major archipelagos and a planets slightly larger than earth I am stuck, I am essentially all mapped out. Random coast lines in Photoshop or else where is not my cup of tea, while I do draw realistic continents they must have an aesthetic appeal and they need to look good on the big map, things needs to be in harmony. So right now I am missing a Europe sized continent on the eastern end of my map. So I come here regularly for inspiration, but nothing yet.

Any tips and tricks?