Thread: More distinct icons, please...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by bartmoss View Post
    Hi Guys,

Sorry to bother anybody with this, but the icons used on the forum to indicate new posts in threads etc are very very hard to distinguish for me. I am colorblind and to be honest they all look the same to me. :S

It's certainly not urgent, but if you ever work on the layout, could you please keep it in mind and maybe see if you can change the colors around a bit for greater contrast? Needless to say I'll volunteer as a guinea pig!

Thanks,
    Nils
    We just set them up with the new forum and had run them past a colour-blind evaluator.

This is new posts:

This is no new posts:

In the forum list, they are new posts in forum:

No new posts in forum:

I can see the last two are close on the monitor I currently have. On a different monitor they were significantly different. Which are problematic?

-Rob A>

Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Whoa I did not think I'd spark two pages of replies

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    We just set them up with the new forum and had run them past a colour-blind evaluator.

I can see the last two are close on the monitor I currently have. On a different monitor they were significantly different. Which are problematic?

-Rob A>
    Cool, at least you thought of it - thank you; I do really appreciate it.

To me both types are problematic. Sounds dumb, I am sure. I am not "really" colorblind, that is, I don't just see shades of gray or something, I don't know the technical terms. It's basically that some colors blend into each other and I just can't tell the difference well. When the icons are right next to each other, it's not so bad. When I only see one kind, I could not for the life me reliably say "this is a topic with new posts".

I think for me the solution would be to make the "new posts" icon brighter. Maybe go for a reflective glass look.. I don't know.