Thread: Turn a detailed hand drawn map into an ink-and parchment style

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Novice Facebook Connected

RobA- would it be better when using multiply to darken the outline of the rivers, coastline, moutains, shading etc? And if so, should I make it darker by marking it darker on the paper or should i use the pen tool and create outlines for everything in photoshop?

Also should I write the names of everything on the paper, or would it be more preferable to do that in photoshop?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Michael View Post
    RobA- would it be better when using multiply to darken the outline of the rivers, coastline, moutains, shading etc? And if so, should I make it darker by marking it darker on the paper or should i use the pen tool and create outlines for everything in photoshop?

Also should I write the names of everything on the paper, or would it be more preferable to do that in photoshop?
    If you could provide an example of your source drawing - the "detailed sketched map" it would be easier to make suggestions.

As it stands, the answers to your questions would all have to be "maybe" as I'm not sure what your starting point is

-Rob A>