Thread: *poof* Archmagician Arrives

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post *poof* Archmagician Arrives

Hello All!

I just got done typing this incredibly long intro when I got a "must include post icon" and LOST it all! *cry*

Anyway, the gist of it was:
    Currently working on a novel - will need a few maps for that
    Roleplaying since 1983 - Currently running a PBeM (it hasnt started yet) need maps! If you are curious or want to join here is a link to the site:
    http://pbem1.reynoldslive.com/(S(yvh.../MainPage.ashx

Anyway, I joined this board some time ago, and I have been lurking. You guys are the BOMB when it comes to map making (I am not Worthy!). I would love to get better at making maps.

Tools: I own Photoshop, Dundjinni, and CC3 (plus many add ons).

My current task, to create maps for my PBeM. I am seriously struggling with this. Here is my first attempt at a Forest Map for a Wood Elf Community: Oil Lantern Glade

The problem with this map is the forest floor. Argh that thing is uuugly! I realize that I need to do the floor in photoshop. So I tried attempting that in Grimroots Grove, but the problem I ran into, is that Dundjinni doesnt appear to let you import a jpg (like as a floor map). I think they made that product around selling Artpacks.

So I tried exporting it and using a color grab to grab the white and delete it, but I am not having much luck here. There is always a bit of color left around the objects. I have *some* photoshop skills but they are weak.

I tried following that AWESOME gimp tutorial on here, but it doesnt always translate well for this noob in Photoshop.

What I would really like to do is have a kind of splotchy floor effect, with the use of a bump map to give it some "rough" feel. Now THAT would be awesome. Anyway, I will keep reading and posting as this site kicks ass!!

thanks for tolerating my Tolstoyish like intro (Hope this one makes it!!!)
    Attached Images Attached Images