Thread: WIP - Forgotten Lands

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I think it is really nice! A drop-dead, gorgeous work!

...but... is it supposed to be a map, or a picture? (I know it is not finished, so this could be premature, so please don't take it wrong...)

I had a real hard time even noticing the double tower structure.

And not having looked at the earlier versions I didn't even realize the lake was a lake... I thought it was a building with a well in front:

2009-08-21_095503.jpg

Some of this may be cause you are posting in a reduced size, so detail has been lost. Also, after labeling, this may be a moot point, but to preach for a moment...(quoting from the "Principles of Cartographic Design")

"User first, user last. What does the user want from this map? What can the user get from this map?"

"Important things must look important, and the most important thing should look the most important."

"How much information can be gained from this map, at a glance?"

(OK, done preaching )

Again, don't take this the wrong way. I just don't have your vision of what the end product will be.

-Rob A>

I'm not taking your critique wrong RobA, don't worry, especially when I understand your point. I’m a roleplayer by heart and I always design maps for certain playing purpose (in good and bad).
    I have been away for the weekend, but now back again and I can start to add more details to the map and I’m sure it will make it more a map than a picture.

I'm working on to finish up the known side (northern side) of the world. Here is a smal sample, but I'll upload a bigger update later when I get things more finished.
    Attached Images Attached Images