Thread: [Region 1][Map 07][Location 01] Fentor Cross Area

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

I will explain my thinking - not a justification as I didn't think all that hard about it.

The town is mainly a merchants passing so I put in a square because I thought that there would almost certainly have a market place. Around the square would be shops and merchanting utilities - like the "Bars and Keys Bank" marked up but not clear on my last map.

The place would have a garrison on rotation between the forts with a pretty large barracks if only partially manned at any time. So the Wyvern Tower would be there too and the tower would probably be on the edge as it has a platform for archers. The smithy and possibly cartwrights would likely be next to the garrison and military bit.

Tolls, guard houses and the "satch shops" (see wiki) would be near to the exits. I have a lodgings house right next to the northern Thrubview exit with stables.

On the right I have reserved space for general housing and on the left I have more merchant and upmarket housing.

After that I pretty much filled it in as best as I could pack it. So I think I went at it with a mentality of building the town as though it were a new fresh plot.

It gives me an idea that maybe I should have some ruined houses and completely dilapidated houses around the church area not far from this one which could have been the old town before it was moved and militarized. Perhaps the church was substantial enough not to have been attacked and destoryed and that it was too big a job to move it. In D&D there are many deities so I would not imagine that there was one "the church" to have to pay taxes to. I would not imagine that any particular religion would send people out into these lands to collect it or that these places would agree to pay it.
    Last edited by Redrobes; 05-11-2008 at 08:32 AM.