Quote Originally Posted by Tiana View Post

On that note, how's it going, fellow Nanoers?
Well I see that for you it's going pretty well. Over halfway to your word count after two days? That's insane. :S

I managed about 3k words on the first day but yesterday I had hardly any time so I just did enough to keep myself above the required total for the two days.
I admit I am struggling though. My idea was to rewrite a story started about ten or so years ago (I have about 40k words done on it) but like an idiot, a day before NaNo started I found myself browsing over some of the old documents I had written and it's kind of tainted my perception of what I was going to do. My problem is, I kind of like the stuff I already have. It's rough and needs expanding/revising but it's not that bad that it needs a total rewrite. So now I find myself doing something which I perceive to be a waste of time.
So I might change tactics and actually try and write the rest of the story instead. 50k on top of what I already have would make a novel-length story that might actually get finished instead of one half of a story that would probably get left to one side again.