Thread: A starters world map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I think it is a great start...

pay attention to the constructive feedback from some of the long time members here - the quick denial statement seems to be more an attack on your software than you - but I am sure it was not helpful to hear.

From what I have seen CC is a program that can produce some great maps if you know how to work it... which i don't...

I think the most important thing is that you enjoy your maps... and the next important thing is that we treat each other with respect... and the next that we are open to learning...

But don't lose heart from negativity... it is actually pretty rare on these forums.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by philipstephen View Post
    pay attention to the constructive feedback from some of the long time members here - the quick denial statement seems to be more an attack on your software than you - but I am sure it was not helpful to hear.
    ...and check the post-count and rep of those providing feedback and take it for what you will.

-Rob A>

The general feel of the thing is good - I think it would look better if the mountains were more gradual. Like, some smaller mountains around the big peaks, and some little hills around the smaller mountains.

Also, there's a little bit of a visible pattern in your forests - I think you're using the thing where you put down big blocks of trees, right? Unless I'm drastically wrong, there's also an individual tree icon - try using that to break up the repetition.

Thank you all for the feed back!It was much more than expected
    I didnt see the options on the export window
    Here is a better resolution hope it helps...
    Also in this version i've put numbers on the geographical features...
    Red for mountains,yellow for forests and black for rivers so i can help you tell me where the problems are

About the rivers some of you guys told me if you can plz explain a bit more on which river the problem exists and what is it...

Quote Originally Posted by Kronski View Post
    The general feel of the thing is good - I think it would look better if the mountains were more gradual. Like, some smaller mountains around the big peaks, and some little hills around the smaller mountains.

Also, there's a little bit of a visible pattern in your forests - I think you're using the thing where you put down big blocks of trees, right? Unless I'm drastically wrong, there's also an individual tree icon - try using that to break up the repetition.
    As for the features yes i dis use only the basic ones for now after i've settled on the places and the volumes of them i will place them more carefully and with other features around them...
    But wouldnt be a bit too much if around every mountain chain smaller mountains exist and around the smaller mountains hills exist too?
    Sounds like a bit too much...but i'm not sure...
    I've got no idea of geographical matters like these...(what goes usually around a mountain,or how many rivers a mountain chain needs,what direction do they face,where do forests usually grow,where can desserts exist or swamps etc...)

Edit:Also i think i have a big problem with scaling...i mean look at the distance meter down-right of the map...this is a world map and i think i make some features too big for a world map etc...
    Well now i'm thinking about it...i think i threw myself in at the deep end right from the start by wanting to create a whole world but this is what i want and need ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	World Map 1v3.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	300.5 KB 
ID:	19585  
    Last edited by Kelethril; 12-16-2009 at 09:30 PM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Rivers don't split as they go downstream...they join. They might go around a chunk of land and form an island but that means that it rejoins. That will also keep your rivers from going to two different seas. The analogy that I've always used is that of a tree. Put the branches up near the mountains, put the trunk on the plains and if you want a delta then put some tiny roots at the coast
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Good start, really like the volcanoes.

About scale, I'm not an expert but i'm tackiling the same problem right now, if the scale is in miles you might want to scale down the mountains which would also give you more space to work with if you want to add some more details.

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...