Thread: Free - Hand Drawn Town Buildings

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Neat stuff, thx for sharing!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

Wonderful stuff, RPGMaker. Thanks for posting these.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Thanks for these.

For convenience, I ran your image through a script I have to divide scanned images and got the individual houses as png files. I also ran it through a batch gimp brush converter.

Note that in Gimp 2.8 (coming soon) you can rotate brushes dynamically.

In the meantime there is a rotate brush script I have seen kicking around somewhere.

-Rob A>
    Attached Files Attached Files

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected rpgmapmaker's Avatar

I started working on some castle elements for A R Frost and have developed an early test.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Castle-1a..jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	24102

I first tried to use regular PS shapes... that gave me the one on the top right, then I made the black one on the top left, then I switched gears and tried to model it in Lightwave 3D to give me something as reference. I also looked at satellite pictures of real castles... and finally I did the one in the top middle using a modification of the line drawing stuff I did before... there are only two pieces right now... the tower and wall. I will make square towers and rounded walls and some other things then put it all together and see what I can build with the parts to show what can be done.... So, more to follow soon

The base parts will be just the line drawings as before so the hardest part will be shadows once people try to color them.

-RPGMM
    @BHfuturist Check out my Video Tutorials & Vault of Free Map Elements
    Unless otherwise stated in the post, all of my artwork is released into the Public Domain.