I was just looking around on DA and came across a tutorial about putting hidden watermarks on your art and how you can unlock the watermark if you ever need to prove it was a stolen piece. I couldn't figure out how to read the tutorial so I have no idea how to do this but it might be useful in certain situations like what Midgardsormr was talking about.

All in all, I'm still going to do the art even if I don't get paid for it. I would probably do MORE art if I was compensated in some way but I enjoy entering challenges here for a critique, a pat on the back and maybe an ata-boy badge. Even if I never make a dime I'll be at it as much as I can. In a way it reminds me of something Napoleon Bonaparte once said: "I've discovered something fascinating: Men will die for ribbons".

I also think it is part of our nature to want to share and help others. After all, "There is more happiness is giving than in receiving." Unfortunately, there are many in the world who take advantage of this so we find ourselves having conversations like the one we are having now.

Reality can be such a pain in the butt! <-- This is probably why half of us enjoy making maps of fantasy.