Well, my first vote was a fairly easy one. Although I actually liked the less colorful version better, RobA's map definitely fit the bill as something I'd expect to see in a gazetteer. It got a little tougher after that, but one map that really stood out for me because of the way it matured was ZPs. He'd started with something very tongue-in-cheekish, but by the time he'd finished, it looked plausible while still holding a bit of the original fun. After that, it took a while. All the remaining maps, even those that weren't finished, looked great. Ascension, DJ and SG, as usual, banged things out with great color and textures. As a "new comer," calydon showed he was ready to run with the big dogs in these challenges, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of his work. And Cereth's map, as mentioned earlier, looked fine as well, but was a bit difficult to read, and Ascension probably hit the nail on the head with it being an image size issue. For some reason, though, Immolate's map just kept catching my eye. Maybe it was because the artistry was a bit eccentric and/or over the top (both in good ways, mind you) or maybe it was something else. I don't know what it was about that map, but whatever it was, it garnered my third vote.

Great job on everyone's part. All of this month's maps are rep worthy, so it's off to swing the bat and spread some joy!

GW