Thread: Blandine's Primaterra project

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hi blandline. If the stuff you have written is on a computer we could try running through an online translator. The results may not be perfect but it will give us a better idea and we can always ask you to clarify.

I have been through the map and the explanations and have a few questions:

1. What is the scale of the map? I assume the planet is spherical. How big is it compared to our earth? Are the landmasses shown the only landmasses on the planet? Does left hand side of the map 'curve' to meet the right? Where is the equator?

2. Can you tell us a bit about the global climate, regional climate and terrain type? It would be helpful if you could make a copy of your map and just draw in pencil which areas are tropical, temperate etc and major terrain features but in particular:
    a. Mountain ranges.
    b. Major Rivers.
    c. Deserts.
    e. Forests.
    f. Farmland.
    g. Ice / glaciers.

You only need to do the major land features (we can invent the rest) but obviously if there is a small area that you want to represent geographically in a particular way then details would be helpful.

3. Population Centres: I take it that the circles with the holes in the middle are capitals and the solid circles are towns or cities. Is it important to you that the map reflects the population size of these habitations? If yes, then can we have some detail? You can just put numbers next to each pop centre between 1 - 5 representing small villages to big cities unless you want something more precise.

4. Country Borders: These are perfect curves or straight lines. Usually borders follow natural boundaries. Are the borders you have drawn suggestions / a rough idea or are they meant to be exactly as drawn?

Those are my questions for the time being, but I'll post up more as they come to me.

Midgauardsommer: Would you mind making a large png of the coast outline (landmasses in pure black and everything else in pure white) and emailing it to me please? Ta!

Best

Ravs