Thanks for the encouragement, guys! I'm glad I posted. I was really about to chuck the whole thing (well, the logo anyway; I rather like the site design) and start over.

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
Do you have / need a vector equivalent of your logo? You know, when they have to put it up in 30 foot high billboards, or paste it to the sides of aircraft?
I just laughed so hard at this my aching head tried to explode. To answer your question, I do have the writing vectorised, as it's 2 of my fonts-in-progress rather than drawn from scratch. The compass rose, alas, is raster only, to its detriment (thank goodness, the original is like 2000px). I played a bit with making it a font glyph today, but it turned out to be much more work than I was willing to do at the time. As to need, it's something I'll have to do eventually; as you can see, the little facebook thingie is a shrunk-down section of the logo and looks like absolute rubbish. So I've got to do something that scales for that, and for my avatar here, I think.

As for designing a website, I'd rather teach a man to fish, but I'd be happy to help you build something, Ravs. PM me if you want to work on it.