Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Venus Public Transit (VPT)

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Good news article. I love hearing about the astrophysics experiments using old satellites. I'm jsut amazed that the satellites are still sending back data when they are over 30 years old and a very long way away.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Those lil dudes rock. 100 years from now we'll still be talkin about em, in terms that rival sliced bread.

I have to put a time limit on the "choose sites for the story" thing, because I only have a month (meaning 10-12 hours, probs) to write the chapter. So, if there's no fifth choice by the end of Monday, I'll throw in my own choice. Or maybe use that extra suggestion from, well, I don't remember who or where, but there was a double so maybe I'll use both.

THANK YOU to those who picked locations! It should be a fun cahllenge for me to write, and I hope some of you will read (and enjoy!) the chapter.

But I have a map idea, and if I get the fifth location by midnight pacific today then I'll do the map and post it here.

Bribe 'em with what they want! what they neeeeeed!

Well if no one else is going to suggest something, I would say that Mars is the logical choice.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Mars! Done! thnx RP.

In fact, Mars is not such a nice place in the 16th Millennium. I haven't developed it much, but it'll help to have a canon scene in the upcoming chapter.

Hmm, brief glance showed the Earth Elitist League thing that some other player had started. Maybe I can work that in somehow.

OK, I'm on the hook for that map, I guess. First thing to do is find the positions of the planets in September, AD 15,605. I think I can do that ... I hope ...

Maybe I can make a tutorial of sorts out of this. What do you call a tute that's not good for anything except how to make that one specific map?

1. Titan* (a moon of Saturn)
    2. Rings of Saturn
    3. Io (a moon of Joviter)
    4. Ceres (in the Asteroid Belt)
    5. Mars

That makes a straight line moving inward: Saturn, Jupiter, Belt, Mars. The "obvious" choice was Mars, wasn't it. Obvious is not always bad.

* House Linzin has a huge holding TRITON, a moon of Neptune. I always get the name mixed up with TITAN. The Jovian moons (the Galileans, anyway) are usually obvious, but I make a muddle of other planets' moons.

I'll start a new thread for the solar system map I have in mind. This thread is definitely done for VPT.

THANKS AGAIN TO THE GUILD! I'm really glad I found this place. You guys are all great company. (Not like some other communities I've hung out in.)
    Last edited by töff; 07-05-2008 at 12:22 PM.

Glad to be of service. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with and learning more about the setting especially.

And thank you for being a member. We couldn't be a great place without great members such as yourself.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

LOL! ... "Venus, visually boring." lulz! :p

I know it's late and I've always tried not to post late, its like drunk dialing. But this map is like falling off the toilet, hitting your head and dreaming up the flux capacitor. Just brilliant.

(I'm a new guy so forgive my gushing on older posts)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast