Hi there fellow map-makers!

My real name is Jasper and i'm 21 years of age. Most of my mapping comes forth from playing Dungeons & Dragons, so I'm not a (wanna-be) pro cartographer, I just like to spend a lot of my time on it . The program I mainly use for mapping is Adobe Flash CS3.
Why Flash and not Illustrator/Photoshop? In my humble opinion Photoshop is very hard to use to create something entirely new. Great for editing existing images, but not to create new ones. Also when I finally have something in Photoshop, it's a bitmap, not a vector image. That's a great drawback for me. I love to sacrifice some of the beauty of maps in exchange for flexibility.

Why not Illustrator? I simply don't like the program. I grew up with Flash since it was still Macromedia's property, so I know the tools a lot better than other programs'.

Oh by the way, I forgot to mention in the beginning of this post that I am from the beautiful Netherlands

I will post one of my maps in a few hours. To see 'what wood I'm cut from'. (I don't know if that's an English expression, but it is a Dutch one )