Quote Originally Posted by Kurvstol View Post
The river was supposed to be natural in my original thought, so it is now gone
I'm uploading the revised map (with some additions as roads and communities)

With that said the map is finished on my part

Still, I would really like to hear your suggestions on the river-tapering in Inkscape RobA, since the map is the start of a D&D-campagin I intend to create and Silembria will have neighboring realms

Very nice Kurvstol! I have a couple comments.

* In the forests on the left (mainly) there is a section at the top that is very fuzzy and then in the middle gets more sharp lines as it goes down. Was this intended? If not, you may want to try to make all the forests bits more uniform. From what I see, that area seems to indicate deeper forests due to the number of lines compared to there sections of forests on the map, so you may indeed be trying something specific there.

* The two rivers on the right have a hard line where the river color meets the ocean, while the one on the left blends into the underlying white very nicely and makes it looks like the river is carved into the land mass. I know alot of this is due to the underlying parchment background, so you may want to try to smudge the area around the river mouths carefully. or erase some of the background layer around the mouths.

* If you feel like spending the time, you may want to try using the smudge tool on the mountains a bit. The ones at the top have a nice bland to them and the lines get sharper the closer you get to the bottom. Also, some of your larger mountains might be made better with a few very thin white lines carefully blended (again, using the smudge tool) into the shadow sides) Now, this may be what you are after, and if so, ignore this. Heck, ignore the whole post if you want since this is just an opinion.

With that said, for me, the river mouths is the only thing I would really suggest changing if nothing else.

Joe