Sounds like you've given the backstory quite a lot of thought, but, if you don't mind me saying so, I think the plan of your monastery could be different. I'll try to be constructive rather than critical.

- the scale of your monastery looks really big. The entire thing is ~1600 ft from west-east. Compare it to this picture of a monastery from google images (http://www.historyfish.net/images/mo...aulieu_100.jpg). Beaulieu monastery is about 300 ft end to end. Your free to make yours bigger - it sounds like there are more things happening in yours than a typical Christian monastery - but size is important

- related to that, note the way the different buildings in Beaulieu monastery are all joined up. They aren't spread out over a wide area, with big gaps between them. The dormitories (labelled 'dorter' in Beaulieu) are on the upper floor, above the cellar, parlour, chapterhouse etc. The monks also don't get their own houses, as in your map; they might get a room (cell) for themselves, but mostly I suspect they just sleep in a single room in rows of beds. What I'm trying to say, basically, is that the whole monastery is much more compact. Land at the top of a mountain would be at a premium; the less space is taken up by buildings, the more can be used for farming.

- I still think a number of the things you have included shouldn't be. Why do they have their own foundry/smithy? Why their own clothier? Based on the map you've made, I would suggest that you could actually have a (small) village outside the east gate. The village could have weavers, blacksmiths, etc. There'd still be plenty of space for fields, especially since there aren't likely to be many people in a monastery-village complex. Also, why are general labourers included within the monastery? Monasteries did need labourers in the past, but they would *always* be outside the walls. They aren't members of the religious order (at least not in a professional sense) and so they wouldn't be allowed to live there. It sounds like you already had the basis for a village without realising it.

- on a much more basic level, there is something rather strange looking about those cisterns. First, it makes a lot of sense that you'd want all your water in the same place - saves maintenance and time. Secondly, are there walls around those? Are they underground? How can they exist without falling down the slope?

- from your description, it sounds like your monastery might be more like the kind of thing found in Asia, rather than Europe. I found this (http://studiesofamerica.files.wordpr...temple-map.jpg) picture on google images, showing the Eastern Shaolin Monastery. It has many of the same things I've already mentioned, like compactness, although it's a bit hard to tell with that image.

I've probably written enough for today. Hope some of those comments are helpful.