Quote Originally Posted by altasilvapuer View Post
Really glad to see another WIP on this map, Karro! Yours was the map that first got me to decide to make my own, and was one of the big guides I followed to make it. And as I near a sort of completion on it, I've also started another, too.

I think the issue with the green mountains is just that you don't have any forests around them, yet. The only forests you've laid so far seem to be on the 'older' mountain ranges. They also seem every bit as craggy as the 'newer' ones, which might also be part of it. The older mountains are usually smaller and forested because they're more eroded, and thus smoother (relatively, anyway), unless I'm mistaken.

And as for the long save times, I hear you on that. Geidor gets updated (and more scarily, saved) very infrequently, because it takes me currently about an hour and a half, minimum, to go from full-resolution PSD unsaved to having a properly-sized JPG to upload to the CG.

Can't wait to see more on your project!

-asp

Thanks, ASP!

You're right in that the older, more forested hills will tend to be less craggy and more rounded.

I, however, am probably not going to find the internal reserves of fortitude I would need to go back and mack those forested hills less craggy...

...Unless... wait... there might be a simple way. I'll have to see.

I might start working on this again in a couple weeks, or it might be after the regular semester gets started toward the end of August. Who knows... depends on when free time re-emerges from the dark place it always runs off to when it sees its own shadow.