Okay...

Given what the last post seemed to indicate about the layout of the world, I have made a few changes. There are no fancy artistic GIMP effects in these yet... It took me forever just to make these few changes.

First... I shifted the left/western two continents northward a little, and had to redraw the plate boundaries as a result:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Sample World Map tects.jpg 
Views:	1131 
Size:	241.7 KB 
ID:	5288

Now, here's the new world with wind and ocean currents. The ocean currents are slightly off because I forgot to redraw them after moving the western continents, but you can probably see where they would actually lie.

Name:	New Sample World Map w currents slightly off.jpg 
Views:	4984 
Size:	325.6 KB 
ID:	5289

Next, the bands of alternating wet, dry, and moderate climate zones (with the air currents turned on). I'm also showing the mountains and my new Lakes & Rivers, because these things will all interact to influence the local climate patterns.

Name:	New Sample World Map w biomes.jpg 
Views:	2242 
Size:	314.0 KB 
ID:	5290

This will help me accurately place my deserts, forests, jungles, etc., which we now have on the next map:

Name:	New Sample World Map w features.jpg 
Views:	3083 
Size:	344.5 KB 
ID:	5291

There are still a few climatological anomolies, I think, but by and large I believe this is a believable and relatively realistic world. Most of the anomolies are intentional anyway, typically the result of human influence on the environment and world.

Next (very big) step is to take this information and GIMP it up with all the pretty bells and whistles... Unless you guys have some major concerns with anything you see here.

Comments, criticism, feedback most welcome!

Thanks!