Ok I did take a look as promised

I didnt know the brush manager before and I have to say I guess it was originally coded for personal use and released afterwards to the public as someone demanded such a manager? The code looks like exactly that way.

Not that it doesnt work, it works pretty well if you accept that you have to edit your python code for paths and you are creating a simple text file in your brush folder.

Anyways, I guess it wont be too much work to code a manager for all 4 types (brushes, palettes, patterns and gradients), sadly I wont have much free time the next days but I'll try to get it finished next weekend.

How will it look like?
- I will split the manager into 5 classes (the brush manager uses 1), 1 for each type and 1 for the gui.
- I will move all path and install options informations into a config file for easier setup.

So in the end you will have one python script and one config file nothing else.

Oh and jfrazierjr, python itself doesnt do a gui, you need something else for that. The brush manager used pyGTK (GIMP uses GTK as well), I am planning to do the same. I guess I wont change much, just add 3 more rows for the other types.

Once again, just give me some days, as I wont have much free time at my hands next week and I need to finish the monthly challenge as well