Thread: [GIMP Plug-in] GURM

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

@photocomix-

Thanks for coming over from gimptalk, and thanks for pointing this out!

(Boy, I feel like an idiot! I never tried pointing a pattern folder to a directory with something other than patterns....)

This suddenly makes GURM waaaayyyy more useful for me And makes my "image to pattern" scrip waaay less useful )

-Rob A>

I'm glad to know that the solution is so simple

i may go on arranging my patterns and gradients folders,

PS a python plugin Gui may have 2 tabs?
    Last edited by PhotoComix; 12-08-2008 at 04:28 PM.

Glad to help

Not sure I understand your last question, here are two screenshot of how GURM looks like.

GURM uses tabs for all managers, so you can setup all your needed resources and click on ok. Afterwards all chosen resources are going to be installed.

So if you are using all managers, GURM has 6 tabs. If you deactivate some managers in the gurm.ini, e.g. the Script-Fu manager, it doesnt show up in GURM reducing the numbers of tabs you have.

If you wanted to know if its possible to use tabs while using a python plug-in instead of a Script-fu plug-in the answer would be no and yes. The standard GIMP python window is very similar to the script-fu window, in fact it cant do everything you can do with script-fu. But you can create your own GUI with python using PyGTK, thats what I am doing for GURM.

The screenshots are taken from version 0.7 which I am currently working at, so do not get confused the most updated version you could have is 0.6. In addition the screenshots are taken on a linux machine, if you are using windows GURM looks more grey
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bildschirmfoto-GIMP Unified Resource Manager.png 
Views:	109 
Size:	29.9 KB 
ID:	8250   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bildschirmfoto-GIMP Unified Resource Manager-1.png 
Views:	120 
Size:	26.6 KB 
ID:	8251  
    My Map Challenge Entries

I use GIMP for all my maps.

GIMP scripts and plug-ins overview

Everything I post on this site uses the Creative Common Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike license. Only exception to this are any pyhton scripts which use the GPL.

If you are using any of my posted stuff just use your rep stick on me

Should you be interested in using anything I posted on commercial purpose drop me a pm.