Thread: Ziadon (City Designer 3)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    This is a beautiful effort. The amount of detail you pack in is incredible!

A few suggestions for improvement (that may be a CD3 limitation, I don't know):

- Shadow lengths should reflect the relative heights of objects, and the farm wall shadows make them look the same height as the city wall shadows.
    My fault, I don't pay much attention to the shadows. I don't need large versions of my map, so the details can be a bit messy.

- The wall tower shadows look doubled up on the wall shadows.
    This is a City Designer 3 problem I think.

- The jaggies. It is a limitation of CD3 that it can't anti-alias?
    My fault, I should create the maps in a higher resolution. What I did now was zoom in a lot in City Designer 3 (at a level where you are zoomed in enough that you can see the jaggies), made screenshots and pasted them all together in Paint Shop Pro. I can't save these large maps because CD3 crashes (most likely due to memory problems).
    But again, I don't need large versions of my map. CC3/CD3 can make crisp and clear maps if needed.

But really, another great city map!

-Rob A>
    Thanks, still have a blast making them. I get a lot of new ideas for my stories because of these maps. I had some general ideas about the city of Ziadon, but most of the map was created on the fly. Like the layout, the waterfall, the lake, the large planted forest. So the end result is always surprising to me as well.
    Last edited by Gandwarf; 12-19-2008 at 11:46 AM.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...