• gorkamorka - Mediterranean Sailing Map

1 1.89%
  • Greason Wolfe - Haevenstadt Harbor

1 1.89%
  • Hoel - Carlsborg 1890

34 64.15%
  • industrygothica - Reimagining the Strand

4 7.55%
  • Korrigan - Lorac, the World of Marble (Note that this entry was started in November)

4 7.55%
  • languard - Ayvrst

3 5.66%
  • Malakor - World of Graelor

12 22.64%
  • MarkusTay - Mysterious Island

1 1.89%
  • Midgardsormr - Galerius Hallow

1 1.89%
  • mmmmmpig - The Trek from Home

0 0%
  • monks - Middle Earth

10 18.87%
  • Nomadic - Anchors Away

15 28.30%
  • Rahva - Hermeiis

4 7.55%
  • Sagenlicht - The City of Tarhun

2 3.77%
  • Steel General - Ythrak Lakdanaan (Domain of the Exalted)

18 33.96%
  • ukgpublishing - Dead and Still Standing

11 20.75%
  • Valarian - Gwaelydd Peninsular

5 9.43%
  • Ydars - City of the Old Ones

1 1.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: *** January Challenge - Create a Map for Print! ***

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    Unless any of the entrants forbid it, I would like to post all the entries as available content for print orders at Gamer Printshop. Even the ME DEM map, I think, though it is of Tokien's published work.

GP
    You're more than welcome to it GP -though you may want the full res/size version. If so PM me the info on how I can best send it to you (and what format you prefer).
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Thanks, Arcana for those kind words.

Unless any of the entrants forbid it, I would like to post all the entries as available content for print orders at Gamer Printshop. Even the ME DEM map, I think, though it is of Tokien's published work.

This wasn't our biggest challenge as far as entries go, but I think in the top three anyway, so I think this challenge was a great success! I can't wait to print the winning map - whomever that might belong!

GP
    Sure go ahead and add mine GP. Though when I take a look on the current vote standing I doubt mine will be sold that often. just pm me, so I know how to send you the the file, cause I guess you do not wan to ues the .jpg version of it.

I was planning to do a few maps for your shop anyways, but didnt have the time to do anything in the last month
    My Map Challenge Entries

I use GIMP for all my maps.

GIMP scripts and plug-ins overview

Everything I post on this site uses the Creative Common Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike license. Only exception to this are any pyhton scripts which use the GPL.

If you are using any of my posted stuff just use your rep stick on me

Should you be interested in using anything I posted on commercial purpose drop me a pm.

GP
    I wouldn't mind that at all, but I'd like to finish the project up first, and that may take a little bit of time if things don't settle down in the real world. When it's ready, however, I'd be glad to send it your way. And thanks much for making the offer.

GW
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Quote Originally Posted by Gandwarf View Post
    Completely off-topic, but you mean you all played L4D
    I loved that game... until I finished all the campaigns (and that was pretty quickly) and then it got really boring
    That's why I Play VERSUS a lot. Nothing like Puking on ALL four survivors as the Boomer, or schmucking all of them as the Tank
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

wow, 6 whole votes! thats the most Ive ever had lol
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in a rather scornful tone," it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many things."

"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master -- that's all."

-Lewis Carrol: Through the Looking Glass

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

This has pretty much turned into a 2 horse race... but congrats to everyone who participated.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    This has pretty much turned into a 2 horse race... but congrats to everyone who participated.
    I am amazed that I am tied for sixth (and tied with someone as good as ascension). I don't care if I didn't win this one, that that many people think I deserve to win was treat enough. Thanks everyone.

Blog Entries

I usually use one vote for the best map in my opinion overall, one usually goes to the best technical map, one for the one that meets the criterion the best and I spread the rest out as I like where I often bias these extra votes in favor of new participants. But since this month my effort has been on a map jointly done with Monks and therefore of dubious entry qualification my voting is going to be equally dubious .
    Mmmm pig has retired leaving four people with no votes and in fact all of those four entries are really good so they're getting my votes as a token of appreciation of entering. As is often the case, its turning into a two horse race and I could not bring myself to choose between them. Both are excellent but very different styles and both deserve to win.
    To just complete the map we made was a personal win after being adrift with it for sooo long in the seas of despair.

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected

Given that this is the first serious map attempt I've done in over a year, and experimenting with a new style to boot, I'm very, very pleased that I got one vote

With regards to offering the map for print, I have no objections. When you want/need a higher-res version, PM me with details of what you need.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast