Thread: Paizo Open Call

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I sent him a 3 emails this AM, but only 1 the attachment worked. I just got up (the joys of working graveyards ), and there was a shiny response in my inbasket. Attached is the map I sent and his reply:

Hi Daniel!

Thanks for sending in the maps! Unfortunately, only one of the three came through the email fine—the map of the Shrine of Zehim. The other two maps turned into black boxes—I suspect it's probably some sort of Windows versus Mac battle going on there (we're on Macintoshes here at Paizo).

Anyway, as for the Shrine of Zehim map!

This is a pretty excellent map. It's obvious where the entrance is, where the dungeon is (and where the solid rock surrounding it is), and the dungeon itself is an interesting and engaging shape with a cool mix of caves and room contents.

The grid lines are a little distracting; in area 6 they're all but faded away into obscurity by the pattern on the ground, and the partially completed grid in the water kind of clashes against the grid on land. I prefer to see grids that are standardized across all of the map, clear and visible but unobtrusive. Yet the fact that your map does have a grid on it is quite nice.

For map turnovers, we also prefer that all of the fonts used are clear and simple fonts. The title "Shrine of Zehir" is neat, but it's also a bit too fancy for a turnover, and you run the risk when you do this of making made up words like Zehir get misspelled in the final map as a result.

Cool map! And if you have any ideas why this one would come through fine while the other two wouldn't, please resend the other two maps so I can check them out too!
    So, am I hopeful? Sure, but I know a lot of folks here in the guild are better than me, and I wish all who enter the best of luck!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Shrine of Zehir.PNG 
Views:	58 
Size:	2.31 MB 
ID:	9703  
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave