Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
Heres a question to throw out there... is anyone currently using the CWBP as a campaign region ?
Not currently, but I have been toying with the idea of transitioning my current 4e game into the plotlines I was building up in Groam before Real Life caught me in its net.

I wouldn't mind playing in a forum-based game based in Ansium, though I certainly don't have the time or energy to GM. And it might even, as you think, induce me to make a map or two.

Your proposed decision system is interesting and similar to the informal process I used in my first successful PBeM. I don't know that I ever thought about it quite that deeply, but it's essentially what we were doing.

Play by Post does tend to go really slowly, but setting a time limit on taking actions does wonders to prevent analysis paralysis. I had a policy that I would post no sooner than 24 hours after my previous post, but once I did, whatever was being discussed at that time became what actually happened. It encouraged everyone to be very decisive, since there just wasn't time for too much dithering about options.

Nowadays, 24 hours is probably too fast a schedule for most people around here. I'd say something on the order of the GM posts turns twice a week is good. Or weekly if it's a heavily narrated game.

If you want a look at a very well-executed PBeM I once participated, cruise by here: http://www.cityofveils.com/pbem/ It was unfortunately very short-lived, but while it was going on, it was one of the best I've ever encountered. I played Reidjai.