Thread: Greetings and salutations!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Greetings and salutations!

Fair greetings from a humble cartographer for the whole community!

Let me begin by saying that I stumbled into this community as a recommendation from someone I know. I must say, after browsing for a couple of minutes through the threads, I found some of the greatest maps I'll probably ever see. There's so much lore behind all of them it just gives me the shivers.

Info on me? Well, I'm 21 year old student living in Spain. I enjoy all forms of art, specially fantasy settings (even though I am no stranger to others either) but my strongest point would be 3D art. About two of months ago I stumbled into "Campaign Cartographer 3" while looking for a map-making tool and have been plotting some schemes for an old fantasy setting I had in mind ever since.
    I will attach my first map ever created with CC3. I did it after learning the basics from Joseph Sweeney's great tutorials. It's pretty simple but it's a first so that's a good excuse.
    Also, I do have a question. I will ask it here and, if it's not the place to do so, I'm hoping you will direct me towards the proper thread/area thing.

Q: How does one create those different shades of blue in the sea?
    They are seen in the following picture: click here for picture.

And here is my first map:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pirate Island.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	778.7 KB 
ID:	14948