Thread: Test Dungeon with Torstans Tiles.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Thats me being a bit lazy. I can put them anywhere. What they need is a torch sconce

Heres a pic of bits were talking about. I have some doors on here too cos we found that a door in the arch looks great and better than a simple door on its own. Also you can open them too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TorstanBits.jpg 
Views:	800 
Size:	244.6 KB 
ID:	17234  

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Got you. Yes, the doors do look better in the arches - though they do need resized to do that nicely in general. Those pre-composited ones work really well.

As for the walls and the stairs - I place the stairs on the bottom and lay the wall over the top. Ideally the walls have the highest z-ordering of all objects. That gets around the issues, and avoids the issue of stairs being over the wall shadow, or the straight edge of the stairs not quite lining up with the irregular edge of the wall.

Blog Entries

Yes that would make sense. ViewingDale does not have user settable Z order. It computes that based on the icon sizes. If you crash two sets of dungeon parts together then it sorts it all out for you which is great but its a restriction in these situations. I might make a 4 square set of steps out of 4 x 1 sqr set then it would correct itself.

Well you could certainly have a tile with steps and one wall stitched together (which can be flipped to give the other side) and another with the single steps block and a wall on both sides. That should cover most of the scenarios.

Blog Entries

There, just put two singles together and they are bigger than a single wall so it sorts it all out now. Its all just getting around to doing it most of the time.

Ill try to make up some rooms and corridors as groupings to use then it should be real quick to make a map with these tiles.

Name:	TorstanBits2.jpg 
Views:	289 
Size:	122.4 KB 
ID:	17236  

I'd consider dropping a gradient over the stairs to show the direction of the slope. The dark gradient works best, going dark towards the bottom.

Otherwise looks good. I'd actually ditch the ones that sit alongside the lines as they don't really fill much of a need (though they will work better for you when you place internal walls.

Hi, This is my first test with Torsten's tiles, took 20 minutes to do it

This map is being used in my D&D game on saturday, the trick to make it fast is to have a sheet with all the wall variations setup to drag and drop onto the map

it's not perfect, but to look good after 20 mins work i'm really happy how it turned out

oh and as my First post HI

Name:	Spider Dungeon.jpg 
Views:	319 
Size:	680.0 KB 
ID:	17271