Thread: Roleplayer with Cartographic inspirations ;)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Daelin View Post
    decided to translate all the names of the towns the train made a stop in.
    I grew up in Saskatchewan, Canada and noticed the train stops were alphabetical. I found out later this was the grand Trunk Pacific Railway line. The stops were labeled alphabetically, and the towns that developed at the stops usually ended up with a name that started with that letter! From the wikipedia article the towns were (east to west):

Manitoba: Alpha, Bloom, Cave, Deer, Exira, Firdale, Gregg, Harte, Ingelow, Justice, Knox, Levine, Myra, Norman, Oakner, Pope, Quadra, Rea, (no s), Uno, Treat (wrong order?), Victor
    Saskatchewan: Welby, (no x), Yarbo, Zeneta, Atwater, Bangor, Cana, (no d), Elroy, Fenwood, Goodeve, Hubbard, Ituna, Jasmin, Kelliher, Leross (where my grandma lived), Lestock, Mosten, (no n-o), Punnichy, Quinton, Raymore, Semans, Tate, Undora, Venn, Watrous, Xena, Young, Zelma, Allan, Bradwell, Clavet, Duro, Earl, Farley, Grandora, Hawoods, Ivana, Juniata, Kinley, Leney, Mead, Neola, Oban, Palo, (no Q), Reford, Scott, Tako, Unity, Vera, Winter, (no X), Yonker, Zumbro, Artland
    Manitoba: Butze, Chauvin, Dunn, Edgerton, Greenshields, Wainwright (???), Fabyan (out of order), Hawkins, Irma, Jarrow, Kinsella, (no L), Meighen, Nestor,(no O), Poe, (no Q), Ryley, Shonts, Tofield, Uncas,(no v-z), Ardrossan, Bremner, Clover Bar, (no d), Edmonton, Fallis, Gainford, Hargwen, Imrie, Junkins, Keston, Leaman, Mackay, Niton, Otley, Peers,(no q), Rosevear, (no s), Thornton, (no u-v), Wolf Creek, (no x),Yates, (no z), Ansell, Bickerdike, (no c) Dalehurst, Entrance, Fitzhugh (end of line)

-Rob A>

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

*lol*... thats funny and interesting - doesn't leave much place for new stations though ... but we have a town now... sorry, gotta wait till we start a new line, and you better name you town something beginning with R
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise