Thread: Improved Member Map

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Its a lot zippier now. Maybe it was just overloaded. But that does bring up a good point. The existing maps are all Guild internal. Would we want to have 3rd party web site stuff on the members map.

Although I too am way off of the right location I assume that this is something that can be fixed if Hai was given the lat long coords instead of ripping the pixel positions off the old map.

With the few zoom levels on the old map I didn't think there was much call to have it any more accurate but if this is something that people want then this is a neat solution. Maybe we should leave this link around for a while then put up a voting thread for leave old or go with new.

I guess we should also know something else, we have a form based web page to ask the user for their ID and location coord and store that on the guild site. How would we enter new members coords into the new system. Do we format up a new text file when a new member adds and the new map page will look to that file and put all the pins in as required. Whats the process that the OpenLayers needs / Are you able to post a sample GeoJSON file with two peoples locations put in and I'll see if I can get the old script to make one of them up for you. Then we can have both types of members map at the same time.
    Last edited by Redrobes; 09-13-2011 at 03:25 PM.