Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
Both posts were in the mod queue, so I approved this one and deleted the duplicate in the finished map forum, as you do ask for feedback... I can move it over there if preferred.....Just drop a line...
I prefer it here now that I think about it actually. I'm still tinkering with the map in GIMP and you're right it does fit here better as I'm still asking for feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacktannery View Post
Your trees (trees are notoriously hard to get right) fit in with the rest of the map perfectly.
Thanks! I wish I could take credit for them but I simply grabbed the PNG from here - Fantasticmaps which belongs to 'torstan' from these boards I think. All I did was mess with color levels to fit in better with my map. I'm still struggling to make my own that aren't hideous.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacktannery View Post
The only criticism I have (and I had to search for it!) is
1) the doors are hard to spot due to lack of contrast with the walls.
2) there are some errors outside the southeast corners of the some of the rooms of the southwest complex (diagonal white line).
3) I feel the tower mutli-level cutout could be improved - its currently very large compared to the map and actually detracts from the main encounter area. Also its not 100% obvious which structures are being referred to: a fine black line would clarify.
Thanks for the feedback, I agree with all your points. I think I can solve #1 by finding a texture with better contrast that I like. #2 I think was the result of some sloppy channel masking. #3 is going to be the hardest to solve, I'll have to think on a way to put in multiple levels that is less intrusive and yet obvious.