We have some wires crossed I think!

Do you mean the section where the curved tiers turn straight and head east? I should extend that section so it fills the rest of the balcony floor space on the map, is that right?
The issue is that the image you posted called 'croppedfloor.png' backthread is scaled down (as you admitted). I want the full scale version for the map.

Here do you mean I should curve the floor as well? I was thinking that only the tiers that are above the floor should be curved since it's expensive and time consuming to soak the wood planks, set them in forms and dry them until they have a nice curve. Also it's a little harder for me to do tight curves and as the radius of the curve gets smaller towards the centre the distortion ramps up a bit.
The 'floor' you refer to is, I think, a curved raised balcony supported by pillars. I think it would look lovely curved but if it is too much hassle we won't bother. Try it anyway.

I should be able to work that out, especially since the stage is symmetrical I'll just do the one side. But I think that might take a bit longer, I may need to figure out a technique other than the built-in warp that I'm using in Photoshop at the moment. But definitely doable. Do-able? fortunately I'm building here, not spelling!
Indeed. Yes this is a trickier part - I did not know you were warping in photoshop - in GIMP I have the iwarp tool too which is the same. It's a pain to use for this sort of thing. For the stage we need to design it first - we don't need to use the same design that Supercaptain used; I'l like something with a complicated curving tiered staircase (now that I know that I can push you to curve wood!). Ideally we would have a talented artist draw us a sketch of a lovely ornate boutique-baroque stage, then I could turn it into a scaled plan, then you could curve the wood for the edges/frame, and we could fill the inside with a simple plank texture. Otherwise, at 'work' tomorrow in the office I could google some images of stages and try to come up with a nice plan. What I would like would be to have a double line of curving planks all around the edge of the stage, 'framing' it. Technically difficult, but it would be very impressive.

The wood texture I used was one that seemed close to yours. It is much easier to warp and bend it if it tiles seamlessly. Maybe we can use a couple of similar but not identical wood textures? That said, I will play around with the one you've uploaded here and see if I can make something seamless out of it. I've managed to do that in the past at least once or twice. Just have to remember how it goes
I had not realised you had used a different texture - I thought you had just cut and pasted mine! Your wood texture is amazing! And seamless! yay. And I think it is better actually to use a slightly different texture for the stage and balcony than on the floor. Ignore my uploaded texture and just use your own. I could create a seamless texture out of mine too, but I hate seamless textures and refuse to use them nowadays out of pointless stubbornism.