Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: *** November Challenge - Lost in Space ***

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Valarian View Post
    There's also Redrobes' comment about picking the winning map as the system for the CWBP world, so there's two worlds to fit in to the system. Of course, the region from September could just be another area of the CWBP world if two worlds is too much
    I wasn't really gearing my entry for the CWBP - especially since it is a desert planet. This is more just a challenge to myself to see if I can tie it in with my ongoing theme without the whole thing looking/sounding cheesy.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Sweet...Sweet!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Though I generally don't like space based mapping, I think I have an idea I wanna try out even though I doubt it will win, it should at least get the non existent award for most nonsensical entry having to do with somewhat realistic like stuff... Details to come...
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Dang! I was kind of hoping you'd leap at this one, Toff. It's right up your space-lane!
    I'd love to ... but I got one leg over there, one leg bent around back here, and another leg dangling over that-a-way. I'm no no position to leap anywhere. (My loss, no doubts!)

I am still fully on track for finishing my Solar System map, though, and the tour chapters. Just not within the next 25 days.

another question:

am I aloud to use my some of my previous works for this?

hehe, i already have a 94% idea of what im gonna do, although the sides are gonna be tough, and other parts...... but i better hurry up, since peoples projects keep looking more and more like im planning mine to be!
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in a rather scornful tone," it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many things."

"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master -- that's all."

-Lewis Carrol: Through the Looking Glass

Post It depends

If you are using "map objects" that you will place onto your map it is allowed. In many of the past challenges allowances for using pre-created map objects like those you'd find at the Dundjinni Forums. In that light planets, star and other heavenly objects you've done in the past is allowed.

But the spirit of the challenge is to create from scratch, at least that's how I do it.

I'd say, as long as the object you're repurposing isn't your dominant or primary map element, it should be allowable.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    If you are using "map objects" that you will place onto your map it is allowed. In many of the past challenges allowances for using pre-created map objects like those you'd find at the Dundjinni Forums. In that light planets, star and other heavenly objects you've done in the past is allowed.

But the spirit of the challenge is to create from scratch, at least that's how I do it.

I'd say, as long as the object you're repurposing isn't your dominant or primary map element, it should be allowable.

GP
    ok cool. Cause i had like a moon that I had made before that i thought was awesome, and I havent been able to recreate yet, so i was hoping to be able to use that.

p.s. (really random) anybody know how to make black holes
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in a rather scornful tone," it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many things."

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    Search the forum for LHC

(smirk)

-Rob A>
    huh? lol

oh well, found a couple of tutorials, none of them fitted my needs (one gimp, one photoshop, both found on google ) so i kinda sorta blended the two tutlets together to create a pretty cool looking black hole in my opinion

oh well, now i have to remember what the heck that had to do with my entry.... speaking of my entry, i better get back to starting working on it ( )

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    Search the forum for LHC

(smirk)

-Rob A>
    I got a good chuckle out of that...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast