Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Steel Remains

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ah I see what you mean now toff....you're right the headwaters are really blobby....drat.

The release date for the book here is 9th July so the Champers will have to wait for a little while yet!

the headwaters are really blobby.
    It's a totally minor thing taht nobody but a few of us perfection-obsessed cartographers will ever notice. But still, I sure would like to find a way to do rivers better in general. It's high on my "I suck at this" list.

I was looking at the Vaniya map, and the headwaters work well enough there, just as simple black lines thinning to sharp points. But that map has a particular style that lets a thick black pointy line work well. I don't think that's any kind of universal solution (which there probably isn't one of, anyway).

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Don't the actually call lawyers 'barristers' (or something like that) in England - or at least I thought I heard that somewhere.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    Don't the actually call lawyers 'barristers' (or something like that) in England - or at least I thought I heard that somewhere.
    Court going lawyers are called barristers and client facing lawyers (as I am these days..I jumped the fence) are called solicitors.

It's a good system which works well. Us solicitors tend to get too close to our client's causes and the barristers we hire keep us objective.

There is also potentially a great distance between "working professional" and "getting paid"!

Quote Originally Posted by waldronate View Post
    There is also potentially a great distance between "working professional" and "getting paid"!
    From what I've heard and read it's a veritable gulf.....pretty much the same as law <S>

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

Quote Originally Posted by waldronate View Post
    Touche.

That's why I got a business degree in college: I feared that the likelihood of "getting paid" to do something I love was fairly slim. It turns out, on the other hand, that "getting paid" to do something you don't love is frightfully boring and soul-draining.

So... that's why we (i.e. I) have these hobbies!
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

wow... that is a stunner! Congrats on the publish!
    Something witty and pithy

The UK paperback edition of The Steel Remains came out last week and this map has pride of place sitting in the front of the book, so congrats to the OP.

Wonder if it's going to be used in the second and third books as well?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast